Search:
Advanced Search

Posted at 7:11 PM on Wed 14 September 2011
So tell me, what's your opinion on buying leads, and if you're for it, who do you recommend?

I've heard people talking about this in other places, I just don't know of anyone who's ever used a lead generation service, so I thought I'd get your take on it. (I think I can already guess what camp Ken's in ;).)
Posted at 12:49 PM on Thu 15 September 2011
Hi Wendy, Oh yeah, Ken is in the don't-ever-buy-leads camp, the same as I.

I think it's a waste of money and time. I'm not sure whether I can talk about it, having never tried it, but what you're buying in general is a list of people who have no idea what you're calling them for. Most of the time this list belonged to someone who just makes money of selling that list and if you're really unlucky, that person is your own upline.

If you want to know how to generate leads on the internet for free, keep reading these posts and keep asking questions. I'm also working on a webinar that I'll host on generating leads on MLMSocial. When that's finished I send you a message.

I hope that scared you enough never to try buying leads. lol
Anyway, ask around, get others to answer this question as well.

I'm sure you'll get the same answer a lot more. ;-)

Good luck!
Posted at 9:53 AM on Fri 16 September 2011
Yes Rutger and Wendy, I have bought leads in the distant past.
They are generally more harmful then helpful.
They do not know you. They are often sold several times.
Generating leads that know you is far superior.
Posted at 10:49 AM on Fri 16 September 2011
Thanks guys. I haven't done it and have only run across some companies that sell them so I thought I'd get some input. I appreciate it!
Posted at 9:41 AM on Sat 17 September 2011
We are here to help all we can Wendy.
Posted at 7:24 AM on Fri 23 September 2011
Will let you all know how my test with leads go. Tim
Edited by Tim Hill, 9 year(s) ago
Posted at 8:41 AM on Sat 5 November 2011
Great Tim, we look forward to your report.