Search:
Advanced Search

Posted at 2:47 PM on Fri 30 July 2010
One of the best things about article marketing is the huge number of backlinks you can create for your website. By writing on a regular basis it will help you grow traffic to your blog/website. I am looking to hear about your successful use of article marketing and how the backlinks helped propel your business.
Edited by Andy Nathan, 10 year(s) ago
Posted at 3:11 PM on Fri 30 July 2010
One of the most common problems with getting those backlinks from article directories (and many of the social networking sites - even the biggest ones - as well) is that they are setting rel=nofollow on external links.
Edited by Robert Szabo, 10 year(s) ago
Posted at 3:58 PM on Sat 31 July 2010
Robert,

That is why I love Wordpress. One of the WP apps allows you to nofollow the sites that do it to you and no one else. Basically you are levelling the playing field and can still get benefits from sites that do not nofollow.

Andy
Posted at 2:14 PM on Wed 11 August 2010
What are the major sites that nofollow? I heard facebook is one, what are some others?
Posted at 10:03 PM on Sat 21 August 2010
Facebook does not no-follow last time I checked. probably when you have 500 million users it is not necessary. Twitter, Myspace, LinkedIn. There are more major sites that do no=follow then do not. The caveat is that I have heard rumors that Google has stop looking at no=follow anymore. It might have a way around that in their algorithms. Even if that is not true, remember that real people on social networks will see your information and start going to your blog or website.
Posted at 6:28 AM on Fri 6 May 2011
I have a Blog "Who is DEVASTATING the PageRank of Your website?" in Category: Popularity on this subject - please feel free to read and comment. Thanks in advance! :)